Monday, January 26, 2009

Cat Hair in my Coffee


Well, after much ado about everything my psychosis lost and my instincts took over.  Yesterday, we brought home our first "child."  His name is Jake and he is a blue ragdoll cat.  He's adorable and scared.  I was ecstatic.  I still am.  The pro's are I love him and he's so cute and loving.  The cons are that there was a cat hair in my coffee this morning.  I thought to myself, "holy shit!  This is the choice I've made for at least 10 years."  There will be cat hair in my life-line until I no longer have a cat.  My psychosomatic symptoms are taking over and making me ask "am I allergic to this new family member because my chest is tight?  Or is it from getting wasted the night before."  Remind me not to get that wasted again for at least another week.  Will that ever change??  Having a "child" makes you think of these things, and yes I'm being dramatic.  I can't be anything else no matter how hard I try.  Still.  I sit.  I think.  ALL day.  EVERY day.  At least now there is someone here to listen and instead of telling me I'm crazy (which I am well aware of) he will look up at me with big blue eyes, purr, and head back to his hiding space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures you find to complement your blogs are amazing.
and... I don't think your little pea-heed will ever cease to amaze me: I want to drink a bottle of wine a day/ I don't want to be an alcoholic? Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That anonymous was me by the by...