Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 + 30= ch,ch,ch,ch-changes!


Ah, the changes a year brings. " I'll change for no one!" She shouts as she falls over a crack in the sidewalk.  But, the bitch gets up.  The next year re-states to the universe, "I will change for no one!"  as she runs into an innocent bystander on the street.  This year she mutters "I will change for no one?"  a drop of rain falls in her eye and she is temporarily blinded, blinded I say!

Then she stops and thinks....shit, I guess I don't really have a choice, eh?  (She's Canadian)

I'll tell you about 30.  I don't fell or (really) look any older, but there are certain noticable and uncomfortable things happening.  One, my body aches like a bitch!  All those miles have definitely caught up with me.  (Who's with me, dancers?)  The other, and probably the most alarming, is my sudden light-speed hair growth.....Not the hair on my head.  EVERYWHERE ELSE!!  

Everywhere
Everywhere
Everywhere

I suddenly believe in the theory of evolution.  It's a very plausible concept.  My tweezers and razor have become my best friend.  I can't leave home without them, just in case.  My fiance tried to brush a hair from my chin yesterday only to find that it had been rooted and blossomed in my epidermis.  What. the. fuck?   Thank God he's going through this too, only...differently.  It's a funny and endearing thing to find hairs on eachother that don't brush off.  Well, with him a it's a little different, but that's another blog!

I'm terrified for swimsuit season, I have a honeymoon coming up and I'm afraid we're going to have to go to Iceland!  At least Bjork will be there to sing sweet and pingy lulla-bye 's to us as we flap our hairy bodies together with the hopes of creating a young cub.  Now that's a hyperballad.

*DISCLAIMER:  I'm NOT trying to conceive on my honeymoon.

No comments: