Monday, May 11, 2009

Regis


And just when I thought I could handle it no more.....
The heavens opened up and God said,
"Bitch, get over yourself."
So I did.
I do.
I am trying to.

I got my hair cut at the mall today.
Regis to be exact.  
$33.00, what a bargain!
I tried to throw the "I'm from New York" card around
Erin, as I read on her card with the "Regis" letterhead, was thoroughly
UN
IM
PRESSED!

After the 3rd time I mentioned it she said "Oh, do you live there?"
I was like,
"shit."
But seriously, come on!  Then I remembered.....
For around 3 years I begged my mom to get my hair cut at the mall 
and NOT
in an independent place in and or around my home town.
I got my first "bob" at the mall
I got my first "shag" at the mall
I got my first "period" at the mall
actually, it was Sam's Club in O'Fallon, IL right down  the road.

Either way.  I'm shedding an ugly skele-tor skeleton right now.
With an ascot wreaking of pretention.

I left St. Clair Square with a kick in my step
mainly because the girl that cut my hair
refused to give into my ego.

Wow, I just realized that this trip home is me getting back to myself.
That should be my one woman show title, huh?
"Me Getting Back to Myself."
Oh shit.  
There's the EGO.....
again!

This might take more than the 20 days I have alotted.....

No comments: