Tuesday, May 12, 2009

All You Need is....


I'm fascinated at how unaware of themselves people are.
I realize I'm not without flaw, either.

However,  I can see the effects that my words and actions and intentions have on others.

My first reaction is to react.
Grind my teeth and sling shit!
But, upon my arrival home to the midwest, my dad instilled a 5 second rule.
When something happens....breathe for 5 whole seconds.
Sounds simple, but when my gut is burning it's the 
hardest thing
in the world
to do!

The bottom line is people are who they are,
but I'm old enough and *wise* enough now to know where my limitations lie with them.
I'm so thankful to have love in my life.
At the end of the day it is
EVERYTHING.

Not even of a sexual nature, but of a 
real 
primal 
heart swelling
unselfish
love.
Of friends.
Of family,
and I just happened to be blessed enough to have the "other" kind too.

But I know it was given to me because I know what love is.
If you don't know what it is,
you cannot be open enough to receive it
because you wouldn't recognize it
if it whipped out it's dick
and slapped you in the mouth.

(Deep Breath)
Five seconds later....I feel much better.

No comments: