Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm not sure where to start


So on the eve of the 2008 VMA's Britney allowed a video crew to tape her every move in order to "stage" a comeback.  From 10pm (est) until 11:10pm (est, of course) I was re-introduced to the megastar that is Britney Spears.  The difference is that her eyes are filled with sadness.  That spunky little sexpot is officially scarred.  Now mine you,  I love a comeback as much as I love a demise and I am routing for Britney.  I couldn't take my eyes off of the TV!

However, history has certainly shown us how these stories end.  I don't want to say Marilyn Monroe but I guess I just did.  

Everyone should check out this MTV original "documentary."  Paid for of course by Ms. Spears with the help of her 2 fragrances, "desperation," and "redemption" or whatever they are called.
There's a special segment w/ Madonna who is also a hot mess.  You should see her face all planet of the apes-like.  She looks like all of the "ladies who lunch" before the matinees in the Theatre District.  It's like the blind leading the blind, really.
 
I will say that the footage of the paparazzi is TERRIFYING.  I don't know how anyone can live like this...they can't.  Remember Marilyn?  

Sad eyes turn the other way I don't want to see you cry.  Oh Sad eyes you knew there'd come a day when we would have to say goodbye.

But for now...on with the show, and what a CIRCUS it is.

No comments: